The Future Enterprise
The Future: Live at Technology Senate
If you thought Technology Senate is just technology talk,
you are mistaken. The Future Enterprise is a live futuristic network demostrating
cutting edge technologies
The future enterprise pavilion of Technology Senate 2004 showcases the hottest
enterprise technologies in action. This year, the main highlights of this technology
demonstration will be cutting edge technologies like voice & data convergence,
self defending networks, and mobility. Here is an insiders perspective
of some of the components that will make up this futuristic network.
- Secure IP VPN using token ID: This will include the demonstration of a
laptop getting connected to Datacraft's corporate LAN to access email, SAP
etc using a secured IP VPN connection over the Internet.
- Central logging: Using the Network Intelligence (NIC) appliance, logs can
be collected from CheckPoint firewall, McAfee Intrushield IPS and Nokia IP
330 SSL appliance.
- Intrusion management: Using McAfee Intrushield.
- Perimeter defence solution: Using Check Point on the Resilience appliance.
- Mobility Solution: Demo of Nokia One Business Server using the web or GPRS
enabled mobile phones to show capabilities over the internet.
Email archival management: The e-mail solution will be set
up using a mix of EMC, QLogic, StorageTek and Legato with Intel servers.
This solution will enable an enterprise:
- To have unlimited mailbox size (no personal archives on local machines).
- To keep the mail server resources at a predetermined standard without any
- To retrieve deleted e-mails
- To compress e-mail storage thus saving on storage space
The demo will include recovering deleted e-mails, Web based
access to Exchange server, and replication of Exchange data.
IMS For Network Management:
This section of the future enterprise will manage the local
network at Technology Senate 2004 and depict how the router can raise alerts
in case of a malfunction or failure.
CIS and IP Telephony
- Extension mobility: Demo of a user using his IP phone profile and privileges
across a LAN/WAN.
- XML services on IP phones: Running XML based applications like e-mail,
stock quotes, and directory services on the XML based IP phones.
- Demo: Of IP phone, IP soft phones, color display phone & wireless IP
phone over LAN WAN.
- Demo of unified messaging: Using data and voice
- Conferencing and collaboration
- Analog integration into IP telephones
One of the wireless applications to be showcased is to access applications
using wireless enabled laptops/desktops. Using the wireless IP Phone to communicate
with the rest of IPT network using WiFi will also be displayed.