ADC acquires KRONE
ADC, a leading provider of global network infrastructure products and services
will acquire cable and connectivity stalwart KRONE. The proposed acquisition
is valued at approximately $ 350 million. The finalization of the agreement
is expected within 90 days, subject to customary conditions including regulatory
and other approvals.
This is an ideal acquisition and a perfect fit with ADC's new strategic
initiative to become the leader in global network infrastructure solutions and
services, said Robert E. Switz, president and CEO of ADC.
According to ADC, the combination of both company's product lines, people and
facilities, will result in a large global presence in the supply of network
infrastructure solutions, including:
- copper and fiber central office infrastructure technology
- diversified global customer base serving major communications service providers
- leading market share in the enterprise structured cabling systems market
via KRONE's advanced products
- accelerated entry into the emerging growth markets of China, India, Russia,
Eastern Europe, and Southeast Asia
- broader product portfolio with a worldwide opportunity to cross-sell and
up-sell existing and upcoming products
- competitive cost leadership through global manufacturing, engineering and
supply chain management.