Taking the SIX SIGMA initiative
The Six Sigma Project Planner offers a management approach
to Six Sigma projects. The book is to be used by leaders of a Six Sigma initiatives,
to plan and implement prioritized Six Sigma projects.
It guides leaders through selecting the quality improvement
projects that will have the biggest payoff, measuring and analyzing a problem,
and implementing solutions. The Planner follows the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control
(DMAIC) Six Sigma format for process improvement, and enables organizations
to take a project management approach to a Six Sigma roll-out.
If you are leading a Six Sigma initiative in your organization,
this hands-on guide is designed to help you achieve these results quickly and
effectively by treating a Six Sigma project like any other project that must
be managed and completed on time and within budget. It shows you how to:
- Determine a Six Sigma project's ROI.
- Correct problems in current processes.
- Develop and implement entirely new processes.
- Identify high-payoff projects to tackle.
- Employ breakthrough techniques to develop and implement entirely new processes
that meet project goals.
- Identify stalled projects and jumpstart them or pull the plug before they
consume too much time and resources.
- Perform a process capability study using statistical process control.
- Establish control and continuous improvement systems.