Software tester's survival kit
is a demanding process. The customer wants quality (read: good, bug-free code),
yet imposes impossible deadlines. In the author's words, software development
is 'chaotic and harried'.
This book is dedicated to the proposition that this development system is primitive
and enormously wasteful. It presents several methods that provide better ways
to perform the business of understanding, controlling, and delivering the right
product to market on time.
Among a comprehensive list of topics, the book shows:
- How to pick the most important tests for your test effort.
- Ways to use measurement to test software, communicate results to others,
and make improvements.
- How to use tools you already have to automate your test effort so you can
boost your testing efficiency.
- Tips on how to demonstrate the value added by your test effort.
- Tools and analysis techniques for test estimation, sizing, and planning.
Title: Software Testing Fundamentals Methods and Metrics
Author: Marnie L. Hutcheson
Publisher: Wiley Dreamtech India
Price: Rs 299/-